Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Journey through Early Childhood Development

Hello! Classmates,
I will love to have the
honor of taking you through my personal "beginner's blog". A journey of being successful working with children in early childhood development. Since the beginning I believe children were born to be love nurture, respected, educated and to have guidance from our great society. I decided to be a person who wanted to make a difference in lives. I decided to continue my education and specialize in Early Childhood Education. In addition, I wanted to continue to learn all that was required of me to be successful teacher. I started working with children from my home town in 1977, by recruiting children who live in low income housing in my neighborhood at the age of sixteen though a youth program called "Sonyo" and Bexar County Industrial Operations Corporations (BCIOC). The programs helped low income families all over Texas. Each day I was required to walk door to door asking parents if their child can join this recreation program to get the physical development, nurturing and guidance they needed to develop and learn to become successful individual in society. I attended these programs as a child and it help me to become a productive and successful citizen.Therefore, I wanted to give back that same love that was given to me in my hometown of San Antonio, Texas. I continue to work with children from diverse cultures of all ages and disabilities for over 25 years. This new exciting beginning is my personal blog in which you'll can enjoy and be apart of as we explore and share our great ideas and opinions together as one.

4 comments:

  1. Herleen Pickrom,
    Hi!This is Ruby.I like your blog.Your and
    my general interest in Early Childhood
    Education almost same.Herleen I believe teacher like us can help children living with multiple cultures is spending one-on-one time with them and establishing a positive relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post. We share a common goal and that is the love of children. I wish you the best. I always say," may the work I do speak for me." It rewarding when children leave and come back to visit and share their stories of there experience with you when they were your student. I melt in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I enjoyed reading your blog. You have had an amazing journey starting at the age of 16. I believe that our love for children motivates us to strive hard to make a difference in the lives of these children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you'll very much,I am very glad to have the opportunity to motivate you'll and have the same love and compassion that you have shared for all children.
    Good Luck!
    P/S. I hope I can continue to be an inspiration to everyone who read my blog and love working with our children.

    ReplyDelete