Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blog Assignment: Your Personal Research Journey


Accommodating All Children in the Early Childhood Classroom

I choose this topic for the simulation because it’s very important for teachers to meet the individual needs of every child by creating or designing an inclusive space within their environment. Also, it’s necessary to gain their interest in learning education skills in order to cope with everyday domestic skills to survive. Also, it’s a continuation of accommodations that are needed for appropriate learning growth and development based on cognitive,social and emotional and physical domains. While integrating children with disabilities to collaborate so they will met their individual needs within their environment.
.

My personal experience with this simulation process consist of ensuring a process that nurtures and guides in a safe fun loving atmosphere. While providing connections to different learning objectives while identifying accommodations if needed. For instance some of the children needed support in which I provided hand over hand and repartition in assistance while praising them for making an afford. Also, giving an opportunity to guide and redirect them if needed on how to use their strengthens and weakness to their advances.  Participating using cues, gestures when prompting them to use their words. To perform using activities and materials that implement each domain when necessary to perform that will welcome simulation so that they will become successful in reaching their individual goals. In other words, I included them within the activity by implementing or modifying the following different activities and games that was age appropriate to meet their individual goals base on their ability to perform and succeed. I am interesting in gaining knowledge about strategies for condensing information. For example, Joe loves to stack the different color building blocks on top of each other, however he haven’t learned his colors. Therefore, I use this to his advantage to interact during area time ask him what color is this? Also, I will use different strategies to gain his interest in learning his colors by saying wild you have a red or blue block and either point at the red block if in place or pick up a blue blue and say I found a blue block what color is the block blue and have the child to repeat, sign or point, look whatever stimulate involvement or collaboration with his peers or teacher. 



The insights I have gained so far from constructing the research chart, and from any other element of this course is to be able to use time management and minimize what I need.By constructing the research to my advantage I am able to get straight to the main idea or supporting topic. Each element of this course will help me to develop an open discipline mind on how to research what, where,when, how it is most important. Therefore, I learn how to use an effective and appropriate approach seeking updated information and resources of the topic.






2 comments:

  1. Hi there Herleen. Yes accomodating a child in the classroom is a big topic, do you think there are smaller subtopics or areas that you specifically would like to focus on accomodating, for example a certain type of child? This could be a developmentally different child, or a child from a different language background. What is most to your interest in regard to accomodating children in the classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sundari what I feel is most to my interest in regard to accommodating children in the classroom would be placing items that shows their cultural diversity is welcome and will gain there interest in learning. For example, toys,pictures,sink, furniture at the child eye level. Also, providing space for wheel chairs or walker. Furthermore, Whatever it takes to accommodate the individual child needs regardless of their disability. I hope I answer your question, please feel free to ask me a question anytime you are always welcome.
    Thank you for responding to my post I appreciate your input.
    Have A Good Day

    ReplyDelete