Saturday, November 9, 2013

Relationship Reflection




                                                     
 My Daughter                                     My Grandson                                               My Son





The reason why relationships and partnerships are important to me in developing and maintaining  a family, begins with communication, commitment, determination and understanding that ensures the foundation to build a sense of security, love, respect, trust, honesty, passion, and positive support within individual lives. Also, it is gives me the encouragement to have an on going connection and bond towards all individuals who are apart of my life and everyday surroundings. Identifying several people that I currently have a positive relationships and partnerships with will be my two children and my grandson who contribute to making a positive impact in my life in many ways. For instance, I have a special love for both of my children and my grandson. I provide guidance and nurturing through out their lives. Also, I care about them and love their individuality. When describing the ways in which each relationship is positive and factors that contributed to developing and maintaining each relationship begins with the hope and strength to develop a goal in their life and myself. When they were growing up everyday I would help them with their homework and school projects along with preparing dinner. We’ll have a family style sitting in which we bless our food before we would eat. I took them to the park, picnics, art exhibitions, museums, and plays at theater. We would even go to symphonies and children concerts. We watch movies together and occasionally we go out of town and sometimes we would eat out at the restaurant. Furthermore, we attended Church, parent meetings and School functions together in which they participated in a particular role. Also, we celebrated as a family birthdays and holidays. We went on shopping trips.  My children and my grandson are a big inspiration in my life and I always tell them how much I loved them and how proud I am of them. Relationships and partnerships consist of taking consideration of other individual feelings and not just your own feelings. My future goals were to do what was best for my family and what is right in their lives by choosing to devote all the time they needed for support in making them feel comfortable and safe. Also, I support both of my children while they are currently attending junior college. I communicate with them all the time and I babysit my grandson while my daughter goes to school and my son. I also support my son who lives out of town attending college and playing college basketball. I talk to him every night after his basketball practice. In order, for me to become successful in making a better life for both of my children, grandson and myself I must set an positive example and give back the strength and the will power with the advice which given to me as a child to complete my education. I have always been a very hard worker and I have worked a full time job for twenty six an half years while continuing my education. Once I graduated from college, I brought a home and a car for my children where they could feel safe and secure. When describing the insights regarding challenges to developing and maintaining relationships that I have learned from my experience over time, started after my divorce I faced my biggest challenges so I decided to continue my education considering I was a single parent and the head of my household with low income. This is the reason I appreciate my children and my grandson because of them I was inspired to become committed as a parent, grandparent and to be a positive role model in their lives by saying or doing what is right by pursuing my goals to have a better career so we would not have to live in poverty anymore. The special characteristics of our relationships that make partnerships are the passion and love we build together. A connection to me to strive to met our individual goals by staying in a healthy relationship and partnerships. Also, it gave us the determination to not settle for less in life, but to develop and maintain interest in preparing a better life for us all. Furthermore, we all gain experience and knowledge about striving for a healthy and productive life. As individuals we learn our relationship and partnership is built on communication, understanding, respect, honesty, passion, and having positive support through the good times and through the bad times. We must have the determination, will power, and staying connect to one another by respecting and taking in consideration of one another feelings. While working together in order to help one another reach our goals. Therefore, relationship and partnership to me is the glue that keeps us together.





1 comment:

  1. Wow I can really see that you are getting along with the help of your immediate family! What an inspiration to life, isn't it? We really are blessed to have such caring and motivating people to support us and push us to reach our full potential and vis-versa!

    ReplyDelete