Friday, October 25, 2013

When I Think of Child Development



Lady Bird Johnson, former U.S. first lady
"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them."

 Sundari Sherreitt 
It is nice to know that there are people still in this world that can

be an inspiration to children, families and other people like yourself who may cross different people
lives in this within this society like myself in your pathway in life. 



 
Therefore, Thank You  for being a very inspiring person and supportive team player.
Sincerely 
Herleen Pickrom 

 Nikiesha Neil
Thank you for your encouraging words and for being
a positive team player though out this journey.

May the words of encouragement follow you though your whatever endeavor you choose
to be successful in pursuing in your life.

 Sincerely
Herleen Pickrom







3 comments:

  1. Herleen I want you to know that your work ethic really helped me through this last course I could always count on you to post to your blog By Friday evening and I try so hard to get through with my classwork by Friday so I can relax on the weekend. Because of this I feel I really got to know you professionally. Your posts are interesting, honest, and insightful. Thank you for being so awesome.

    Your quote really fits this week for me because I researched the topic of resilience and learned 2 sweet new 50 cent words infant determinism and deficit model. Infant determinism refers to the thought that a kid with a bad start in life will always have a bad life- resilience research disproves his in 75% of the cases. Deficit model refers to viewing resilience through the lens of whats wrong or whats missing instead of strengths. For this reason assumptions can really lead to providing a disservice to children. Children realy do live up to what you believe of them- the research proves this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herleen,

    Thank you for all that you have contributed, your post and personal blogs have made quite an impact in this class. You have motived me in so many ways and I just want you to know I appreciate your participation and want to wish you good luck in the next class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote Herleen!! Also thank you for all your wisdom that you have contributed throughout the semester.
    Good luck in your next class I know you will do great! :)

    ReplyDelete